A few weeks ago one of my friends posted on Facebook a recap of her year along with a list of things she was grateful for (thanks Jess for the inspiration). I loved reading about her year and I also loved that it reminded me to take the time to reflect on my experiences. It’s so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day and never take the time to really reflect on the overall picture. Some of the highlights for 2015 for me were:
- Vegas with Chris in January
- Ft Lauderdale with the boys and great friends in February
- Surviving a hellish trip home by myself with the boys
- Family trip to Aruba in May with friends
- Spending a week in Ohio in June with friends and family
- Learning about Maddox’s food allergies and therefore helping him to heal
- Watching Brooks start school. I continue to be so proud and amazed at his bravery, willingness to learn, and love of other people
- Napa in October with a great group of friends
- The surprise birthday party Chris threw for my 35th birthday
- Going back to school for nutrition consulting. I love the curriculum and I feel good taking the time to do something for myself
- Being with family for the holidays
- Having my mother-in-law in our lives. We’ve been in Chicago for over 12 years and we didn’t have any family here until recently. It’s been great having her in our lives and more importantly in our boys’ lives.
- Ringing in the new year with great friends and the boys
- The work Chris and I have done together with our life coach. I feel so blessed that after almost 15 years together that we continue to grow closer
- The work I have done alone with our life coach
- New and old friends
- Watching the boys grow. They make me laugh everyday. It’s amazing to see who they are becoming.
- Taking the time to grow my yoga and meditation practice. The practice of consciousness is a work in progress but I feel blessed to have a growing awareness around it
- My decision to become a Beauty Counter consultant. I don’t know what this will become but I’m happy to stand behind and share clean products
- The fact that I’m still blogging. I get super discouraged pretty often. I have a difficult time finding the time to write. I don’t promote the blog very well. I often wonder if anyone reads it and why I take the time to write but it’s soothing for my soul. I write because I feel the need to. Thank you for taking the time to be a part of this.
There is no doubt that 2015 had its challenges but overall I’m really grateful for a blessed year. I hope that this sparks something in each of you so that we can all find something to be grateful for. Please, if you feel inclined, share with me and with others. Let’s keep this positive energy flowing.
Thank you for reading and for being a part of my passion. If you like what you read, please share with others.